FIA’s dilution pump comes in two major configurations, fixed or variable ratio. It is usually built into a customised system, but can be sold separately.
Key features are:
- Suitable for pH buffer solutions
- No metal parts in contact with liquid
- Requires no PLC nor a computer, but can be computer controlled
- Dilution production is about 200 ml/min
- Buffer concentrate is automatically diluted with water
FIA Dilution pump – variable
A dilution pump in the variable configuration can be set to a by the user. The pump works with a single piston and it requires one stirred supply vessel.
First, the piston dispenses the buffer concentrate and then, secondly, dilutes it with water to a preset value. The buffer concentrate and water must then be stirred into a homogeneous solution.
Picture 1: Dilution pump in the variable configuration.
Picture 2: Dilution pump in the fixed configuration.
FIA Dilution pump – fixed
Dilution pumps with a fixed dilution ratio is set during manufacturing and is selected by the customer during ordering. The pump is somewhat different from the variable one:
- The pump has two pistons that work synchronously
- After a small mixing chamber, the solution is homogeneous