FIA (originally called Fluid Innovation & Automation) was founded in 1987, in the Ideon Incubator (Lund), as a start-up specialising in the development of customised apparatus and instrument design.
Key milestones, events and products are presented below:
1990 – 1999
- Mobile liquid dispensing equipment was developed and became the main product during this period.
- In 1995, www.fia.se was registered.
- Manufacturing of robot modules for Astra’s (now AstraZeneca) robots for Turbuhaler analysis.
- Resale of Alitea’s laboratory products.
- Development of an instrument for the testing of drug release from chewing gum together with Pharmacia (Nicorette): a new masticatory apparatus was developed, followed by an apparatus for the content analysis of nicotine in chewing gum.
- In 1997 AB FIA Odarslövs Mölla was founded with four employees.
- Automated weighing of chemical salt dissolution and dilution recipes – BufPrep.
- 1999 AB FIA relocated from Östra Odarslövs Mölla (a mill, soon to be integrated in the Science Village of MAX-lab and ESS!) to the premises at Öresundsvägen in Lund.